Roles - Quality Assurance Manager
The people who work at Beerfarm, own Beerfarm; it’s built on grit, determination and the desire to do better. Beerfarm has been ‘ESTABLISHED FOR THE FUTURE’ – we are all about growth, change, improvement and building a better future. We want to build something for everyone to enjoy, a real company with real people built on real values.
We make and sell beer and cider, which is fast gaining attention and a strong following, from our farm in Metricup, WA. So in essence, we are a farm, a brewery, a hospitality venue and a family of over 35 people, coming together for good times and great outcomes.
About This Role
The QAM reports to the Beerfarmer and is based at our Metricup Brewery. In many ways, you’ll be a jack or jill of all things beer in this role, but the successful candidate will have the experience and ability:
- Enforce and maintain quality standards in the brewery from the receivership of raw materials through to the packaging of the final product. Identify where quality is not of a sufficient standard and work with staff or suppliers to rectify it.
- Ensure product specification is maintained throughout production
- Manage the breweries compliance with food & food safety regulations (HACCP)
- Develop and improve existing standards and quality based systems, and proactively develop solutions to issues affecting product quality and consistency.
- Continuous improvement - Making sure the brewery and the team is always motivated to improve its quality
- Attend meetings with various department heads and suppliers to discuss quality issues and potential improvements on a regular basis
- Examine the complaints about product quality and determine the cause of the issue
- Work with external laboratories to organise and perform the analysis of BeerFarm products
- Test raw materials and review COA’s to ensure the highest quality ingredients enter the brewery.
- Provide feedback about raw material to suppliers, and manage any complaints.
- Manage sensory programs for brewery staff and external departments for continual training and feedback on the quality of BeerFarm’ products
- Ownership of quality based budget
- Reporting quality based KPI’s to brewery management
Most importantly, how will you be measured so you know if you’re doing a great job? This is how:
- Exceptional quality beers delivered throughout the process
- Adherence to company process and operating standards
- Reaching and exceeding company production requirements
- Consistently positive staff and customer feedback and clean QC results
If you’re the one for this role, you will be a true beer connoisseur who is able to display the highest level of quality of brewing practices and come with at least 2 years experience in commercial brewing. You won’t make it if you’re not hands on in your approach to creating great beers.
Crucially, we are not just looking for a placeholder in this role, we want you to get passionately involved with the industry and our local area, as well as the product and service we offer. You will have input into improving our procedures, developing our processes to continually improve our efficiencies in the brewery. In return, we will expect you to deliver results.
You’ll be the sort of person who has an influential, high-energy personality, killer time management and organisation skills and a genuine track record of being an exceptional brewer in your previous roles. Above all else, you’ll be a bloody good person and an ambassador of the brand who deserves to join this exceptional team.
If this sounds like your next career move, what are you waiting for? Apply today with your CV and a brief spiel about you, so we can get to know you a bit and we will hope to meet you soon!