Roles - Kitchen Hand
The Kitchen Hand reports to both the chef in charge and the executive chef and is based at our Metricup venue. You will assist the kitchen team in all daily tasks including and not limited to cleaning and dishes.
- Keep food preparation areas clean;
- Clean kitchen equipment and appliances;
- Clean bench tops, floors, ovens and range hoods;
- Receive, lift, handle and store food deliveries;
- Retrieve food items as requested from chefs;
- Assist with food preparation;
- Wash dishes, pots and utensils;
- Make sure all rubbish is placed in appropriate bins.
- Ability to display positive attitude and cooperative nature;
- Hands on approach to creating good times and creating a positive working culture;
- Excellent communication skills;
- Flexibility to work shifts and whenever you are needed;
- A solid work ethic and track record of going above and beyond;
- The ability to multitask, prioritise and work well under pressure;
- Demonstrated ability to work autonomously and as part of a team;
- Effective time management skills.
Qualifications and Contemporary Knowledge:
- 1 year in similar role
- Guests and colleagues must always be treated inclusively with respect and warmth. The Privacy Act 1988 must be followed at all times. The safety and wellbeing of our community is of paramount importance. You must take reasonable care for the safety of yourself and others and immediately report any hazardous conditions, near misses and injuries, correctly. You will participate in Return to Work Programs, as required, across Beerfarm.
- Multi-skilling is an essential component of working at Beerfarm; willingness and ability to learn and perform tasks in all areas is required.