Roles - Junior Sous Chef
The people who work at Beerfarm, own Beerfarm; it’s built on grit, determination and the desire to do better and have a good time doing it. Beerfarm is ‘ESTABLISHED FOR THE FUTURE’ – we are all about ambition, growth, change, improvement and building a better future. We want to build something for everyone to enjoy, a real company with real people built on real values.
To put it simply: We produce and sell beer and cider, which is fast gaining attention and a strong following, from our sustainable farm in Metricup, WA. So in essence, we are a farm, a brewery, a hospitality venue run by the farmily of 30+ people, coming together for good times and great outcomes. Burnt Ends has joined forces with Beerfarm to create Burnt Ends at Beerfarm. Bringing their true and original form of BBQ and food over fire. Using local produce and Beerfarm’s very own black Angus cattle to create real food for real people. What an opportunity to work alongside these legends delivering a truly unique food offering in the south-west.
About This Role
Reporting to the Head Chef on the delivery of our food experience, our new full time Chef will be responsible for the delivery of seasonal menus and working closely with the venue team in the execution of an exceptional hospitality experience. Delivering our eats menu looks a little like:
- Displaying passion and professionalism while working in multiple sections;
- Running day to day kitchen operations - Running the pass, calling orders and team management
- Following guidelines and specifications in the kitchen;
- Contributing to our focus on delivering unique and creative food products using our onsite Angus Cattle;
- Exceeding standards around health and hygiene through routine daily checks;
- Quality control of products and ensuring consistency of dishes;
- Contributing to a positive team culture.
In this role, you'll work reliably across Friday - Tuesday, with a variety of mainly lunch and evening services, generally getting Wednesday and Thursday off work. Most importantly, how will you be measured so you know if you’re doing a great job? This is how:
- Delivering exceptional food;
- Reaching or exceeding meal targets;
- Adherence to operating standards;
- Consistently positive staff and guest feedback.
If you’re the one for this role, you will be a true food aficionado who is able to display the highest levels of quality of cooking. You will love food and beer (who doesn’t?) and have a vision to connect these elements in your food style. You will thrive in a busy environment and have the focus to maintain standards throughout each and every service.
Above all else, you’ll be a bloody good person and an ambassador of the brand who deserves to join this exceptional team.
If this sounds like your next career move, what are you waiting for? Apply today with your CV and a brief spiel about you, so we can get to know you a bit and we will hope to meet you soon! Good news is that we are able to consider applicants who require 482 / RSMS sponsorship for this role, so please also let us know about your citizenship or visa status.
Applications close 11th July 2021
Please send us your resume and a cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.