The people who work at Beerfarm, own Beerfarm; it’s built on grit, determination and the desire to do better. Beerfarm has been ‘ESTABLISHED FOR THE FUTURE’ – we are all about growth, change, improvement and building a better future. We want to build something for everyone to enjoy, a real company with real people built on real values.
Simple business explanation: We make and sell beer and cider, which is fast gaining attention and a strong following, from our sustainable farm in Metricup, WA. So in essence, we are a farm, a brewery, a hospitality venue and a family of over 60 people, coming together for good times and great outcomes.
About This Role
The Packaging Manager is responsible for ensuring a brewery’s products are packed correctly and made ready for distribution. They manage a team of staff involved in various packaging and warehousing processes, including Canning, boxing, kegging and palletising. The pack manager is a team leader and has an important role in the production team, working closely with the brewing team leaders and Quality manager. They must ensure that the high standards of the production are maintained and that the packaged products are of high-quality.
- Management and leadership of the packaging team
- Daily operation of our packaging line to meet production forecasts;
- Develop and implement packaging procedures, ensuring standards are maintained and improved
- Quality control of products, including seem checks, carbonation, fault identification and fill heights - pre, during and post run;
- Working with production programmers to deliver a schedule for the packaging of brewery products;
- Follow our QC processes and ensure quality is maintained throughout the packaging process;
Most importantly, how will you be measured so you know if you’re doing a great job? This is how:
- Meeting the production requirements of the business;
- Consistently meeting of required specifications and QC requirements;
- Improved packaging efficiencies eg. OEE,reduction of company wastage targets;
- Consistently positive customer feedback.
If you’re the one for this role, you will be a beer fanatic with an impeccable sense for detail and quality, who is able to display the highest levels of output day to day. The role requires 1 year experience in beverage manufacturing. You won’t make it if you’re not hands on in your approach to packaging and for the right candidate there will be a clear progression pathway to the packaging and QC components of the business.
Crucially, we are not just looking for a placeholder in this role, we want you to get passionately involved with the industry and our local area, as well as the product and service we offer.
You’ll be the sort of person who has an influential, high-energy personality, exceptional attention to detail, good organisation skills and a genuine track record of performing within your role. Above all else, you’ll be a bloody good person and an ambassador of the brand who deserves to join this exceptional team.
If this sounds like your next career move, what are you waiting for? Apply today with your CV and a brief spiel about you, so we can get to know you a bit and we will hope to meet you soon!
Entries Close on 10th January 2022.